Thursday, August 28, 2014

Daytime Chic

With summer winding down it's almost time to bring out the earth and jewel toned clothes. Not just yet though! I'm still taking advantage of my favorite summer trends. One of them being the knee length body con dress. This style has been seen on different celebrities all summer long and I was hesitant to try the look at first since I always thought because I was on the petite side the dress would make me look shorter. I was wrong. I found this dress recently at TJ Maxx and the print was the first thing to catch my eye. The print on this dress is fun and the dress overall is very flattering. I love how this dress was reasonably priced and the material was not cheap. I have seen this style of dress before and did not buy it because the material was so cheap and did nothing for my body shape. This dress is structured enough and the material is thick enough where it is still comfortable while at the same time showing off your curves. I paired the dress with simple nude pointy heels to keep the look classy and sophisticated.




                                                                   Outfit Details:
There's no need to put away the summer clothes just yet! After trying out the body con dress trend I'm giving it a thumbs up. I love how pairing it with the perfect neutral heel can make the whole look polished and put together as well as glam and sexy. This dress can easily be worn for a nighttime look with bolder heels. I see myself pairing this dress with orange heels or even yellow ones. Body con dresses are a great investment because they can be worn year round and incorporated with summer and fall pieces including summer hats and trench coats. Splurging on a good quality body con dress is a smart idea for anyone who wants to reuse it for different occasions throughout the year :)


Xo,

Christina

Simply Cali Chic



No comments:

Post a Comment