Favorite Products-I swear by these products and the best part? They can all be found at your local drugstore or grocery store.
#1-Trader Joe's Antioxidant Serum (Found here! )
I am in love with this product. It is perfect to put on right before you apply makeup. I use it as a primer and it makes your skin incredibly smooth, perfect right before applying any concealer! I also use it right before I go to bed. I have been using this serum for about a month and I do not plan on stopping anytime soon.
#2- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (Found here!)
I have been using Cerave Cleanser for about 2 years and it is my holy grail. It is gentle enough to remove eye makeup with and leaves the skin soft. I always find myself going back to it every time I try to switch to a new cleanser. A great alternative for this cleanser is Cetaphil!
#3-CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM/PM (Found here! )
I am a huge CeraVe fan since their products are gentle on the skin. I use their AM moisturizing lotion (with SPF 30) as well as their PM moisturizing lotion. Both products are lightweight and wonderful at keeping the skin hydrated.
#4-100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Found here!)
There is a ton of hype over Coconut Oil and its many benefits and you should definitely believe the hype. I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup as well as my face makeup. Applying it on a face towel or cotton rounds allows the makeup to come off quickly and easily.
#5-Pure Rose Water (Found here!)
There are SO many expensive face toners on the market and the best one cannot be found at a cosmetics store. I have found that you can find the best toner available at your local grocery store! Rose water is an anti-inflammatory, meaning that it soothes irritated skin. I put the glass container it comes in in the refrigerator. Right before I go to bed, I apply the rose water on cotton rounds and swipe it across my face to make sure that all makeup is completely off. It is a lifesaver! We all think that we are removing all of our makeup after washing our faces, but the true test is using rose water as a toner with a cotton round!
#6-99% Pure Aloe Vera (Found here!)
Natural remedies are the best remedies! Before I go to sleep, I like to treat my skin with aloe vera. I alternate between a couple of moisturizers, but twice a week I like to apply a thin layer of aloe vera to soften and smooth my skin. Aloe vera accomplishes many things at once such as fighting acne, fighting aging, and moisturizing the skin. Why not apply it right before bed so that the skin has 8 hours (on a really, really good day) to absorb it all?
#7 NOURISH Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer (Found here!)
One of my favorite moisturizers! I have found that Trader Joe's has amazing moisturizers. This one is suitable for all skin types and fragrance free. I love that this does not have any ingredients that will irritate my skin, since it is extremely sensitive. I also love that it does not leave a greasy feeling after applying it since it is oil free.
#8 Sulfur Acne Treatment (Found here!)
I have tried several different types of acne fighting products, but this has been the best one I have come across. It has 10% sulfur, so it is very strong. I have found that it is a huge "no no" to apply too much of this product. I used to think that if I applied more to the blemish it will go away faster. WRONG. Since this product is so strong, it is extremely important to only apply a thin layer to the blemish and no where else! Applying too much will cause redness, flaky skin, dryness, and irritation.
These are the products I have been using recently. They have kept my skin clear and made my life so much easier since I feel confident enough to go out without makeup at least 3 days a week.
A few more tips for the road!
- Wear a hat!-I never leave the house without a hat that covers my face well if I know I am going to be in the sun. Hats prevent dark spots and sunburns. The sun causes the skin to age quickly. Protect yourself!
- Avoid foods that are high in salt and sugar!-Your skin reflects your overall health. Sugar and salt do nothing for our skin. Make small changes. Instead of going for a milk chocolate bar, try dark chocolate! Dark chocolate has antioxidants which are great for your skin. If you are going to order fries, ask for them with no salt! Small changes make a difference in your skin.
- Think positive thoughts!-It might sound cliche, but visualizing yourself with flawless skin actually has the power to drastically improve your skin. I have done this countless times and it has always worked. Deep breaths and positive thoughts before going to sleep does wonders for your skin.
- Always wash your face before bed!-Even if you are absolutely exhausted, find the energy to wash your face before bed. Those 10 annoying minutes will save you from many more minutes of stressing out over blemishes that need to be concealed.
- Get Enough Sleep!-Try your absolute best to get between 6-8 hours of sleep per night. Sleeping gives your body the chance to recharge-that includes your skin! Leaving a moisturizer on overnight gives your skin a chance to absorb all the nutrients that will make it look flawless in the morning!
- Don't Stress!-In my case, stress is the worst thing for my skin. I am sure college students everywhere can relate that school is a major stressor and it can often show on your face. I make it less stressful by taking a deep breath, organizing myself, and meditating. Taking 5 minutes a day to sit and reflect is much more efficient than taking 5 minutes to stress over things that are out of your control. Remember that everything will pass. Stressful moments are temporary. Don't worry, be happy.
- Drink Water!-If your skin is dry and flaky, ask yourself: "how much water did I have today?" Dry and flaky skin is usually a result of dehydration. Always carry water with you and drink it!
- Exercise!-Regular exercise not only makes you feel good about yourself, it helps maintain beautiful skin! By cleansing yourself from the inside, the outside will start to change as well.
Cheers to beautiful, radiant, and youthful skin!
Simply Cali Chic